Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun, but stressful during dinner and debarkation day

Sail Date: December 10, 2015

Carnival knows how to make embarkation easy. Their new staggered times make lines shorter and easier! Once on the ship, we went to our cabin. The Rod Man, our steward, was wonderful. He did an excellent job of keeping our cabin clean and welcoming. Our dinners, were another story. We had a lovely group of ladies assigned to our table. We really enjoyed each ohers company, although conversations were difficult to hear. The two tables next to us, had a group that were mostly intoxicated, VERY loud, and obnoxious. Foul language flew out of their mouths, as fast as the alcohol went in. As the days went on, tables around us (families with young children), no longer came to dinner. It also appeared that our servers would take care of their every whim, before acknowledging us. I guess the squeeky wheel really does get the oil. I ordered a bottle of wine the first night, but was never offered ANY drinks other than water after that. Our table mates often wanted soda, but were not offered.

There is plenty of options for other food on the ship. Their pizza is amazing. Tacos were great! I recommend the brunch they serve on the sailing days. Very nice!!

DON'T buy alcohol in the gift shop onboard, or during your shore excursions. I waited in line OVER an hour on the last morning to pick up 2 bottles. They could not find my package for over 20 minutes. I had to keep reminding them that they did not find it yet. They'd look for a few seconds, someone would shout the next number, and they would go find that package. Hello?!?!, I'm still here!!! Finally, a supervisor took time to search. Very frustrating and stressful, as I needed to be out of my cabin ASAP. I did not know it would take 1 1/2 hours to find 2 bottles of Crown.

Entertainment was fun! Many options to choose from.

Loved how clean our cabin was kept. Loved having a balcony!
Process went very well, except for having to pick up your alcohol purchased in gift shop and in port.
Loved our room steward, The Rod Man!!!
Galveston, Texas
Do yourself a favor and sign up for the Salsa Y Salsa and Margheritas shore excursion.

Go for the pizza and tacos!