Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruise and with family

Sail Date: October 10, 2015

Overall the cruise was very good. This was our first cruise and so there were a lot of questions going into it. Once on the ship and in our rooms the worries seemed to fade away. The service was outstanding in every aspect. What ever we wanted, we usually got. We arrived a middle of the afternoon to get onto the cruise, and lines weren't to busy, but I did hear of several lines earlier.  Room was good and clean, balcony stateroom outside light didn't work, but wasn't worried about that.... wanted to see more moonlight anyway. Overall the food was good, did buffets most of cruise for breakfast and lunches. The dinner menu didn't very to much in different selections, and I thought the food was all inclusive but if you wanted to get the "big steak or high dollar meal" it was an extra $20/plate. Kind of disappointing there. Nervous. There was always something to do, and it kept us busy. My boys (9 & 7) didn't even make it to the water slides until last day. They did use the kids club on occasion which was nice to have that option, and while mom, daughter and myself scuba dove in Cozumel, we knew boys were ok on ship. Did make it back in time for them to go ashore for a little bit. The only thing I really didn't like was the professional photos being taken. They did a great job and got a lot of great shots of our family, but the cost of the pictures is astronomical. $18/picture. It would have been nice to have some kind of discounts in place if you are buying multiple pictures. Angry. The ship was clean at all times, saw a lot of crew members cleaning a lot and they were very friendly to us at all times. Our cabin steward knew us by first name basis by the first evening.

Like I have said, this was our first one and everyone is already asking for another, and I am already looking at more. HappyBig SmileHappy

Nice cabin. The drop down bunk for my one son was nice so that he didn't have to sleep on the sofa.
Would have been nice to be in port a little longer so maybe they could do a morning and afternoon excursions.... of course then you would be spending more money for more excursions.
Wish the comedy club could have been a little earlier in the evening.
Friendly and wanting to help out whenever we needed it.
The main dining hall for evenings the food was a little cold at times and not to much of a difference in selection from night to night. The buffets were overall good and had a good selection, and if they didn't have what you wanted, another part of ship usually did.