A Wild Ride!

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

4 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 03, 2015
Ship: Carnival Triumph

Perhaps it is because I'm getting older, or perhaps it's just because Carnival staff are just getting lazy about enforcing policies - either way, I was not impressed with the number of pathetically drunk adults there were on this cruise.  Don't get me wrong, I like to have a few cocktails when I'm on vacation, but this cruise was a constant college fraternity style drunken extravaganza.  And I don't mean that in a good way.

Our cabin was fabulous, a balcony cabin on deck 8.  I am impressed with the size of the bathroom - much larger than the same category cabin on the Norwegian Dawn (NCL) which I cruised on last year.

The gentleman who did the shopping talk had a condescending attitude and was snarky even with other crew members.  The ship would be better served if he would just stay in his cabin!

The "Grooving for St. Jude" event was simply an excuse to sell us a t-shirt.  There was no "grooving" or anything for that matter, other than the sale of the t-shirts.

The addition of Guy's Burger Joint, the 24-hour pizzeria and the Blue Iguana Café was a fantastic idea,  providing additional alternatives to the dining room when you don't want to change out of your swimwear.

Overall it was a nice cruise, but my future plans to take my 17-year old on a cruise for her senior year spring break in March have been dashed by the overall lack of policy enforcement by Carnival staff to keep the drunks under control.