Cruise #3

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 06, 2015
Ship: Carnival Triumph

The overall atmosphere of the ship was laid back, there was a lot to do, although we didn't really participate in much of it. We hang out at the bar most of the day and got to know some great Fun Ship employees who work their butts off!

Alcohol (because there is no separate section for this) – We were 6 adults, celebrating 2 of our group’s birthdays. The drink bill was outrageous for the first day, since we couldn't purchase the cheers program out of Galveston due to Texas rules, they sure do get you that one day! – We were able to purchase the cheers program on the second day. One thing I was not aware of was that all adults in the cabin MUST purchase it, weather you drink or not, we all did so it was no problem, but it made me wonder of what if I had come with my parents? The price was $50+gratuity per day and it MUST be purchased for all remainder days of the cruise. So we paid an average of $170 per person. Doing the math it was worth it but frankly by the time Sunday came I didn’t want to look at another drink again. So there was a wasted day.

I do feel that I paid 3X more for this cruise then my previous ones and had a less to show for it. Not sure I will cruise again with many other vacation options out there that beat the price.

Food - I remember the food being of better quality in the past, I wasn't too impressed this time around. Guys burgers was pretty good. The only thing available 24/7 was the pizza.
Buffet, Guys burgers, cold cuts, chopsticks that all had a time that was open/closed. There is room service 24/7 available for an additional fee.
My husband is a very picky eater, but the restaurant for our scheduled diner was very accommodating with his requests and would prepare one day in advance for his meals.

Entertainment: DJ was rocking by the pool, but it was so crowded we hardly hang out there, Comedy show was ok. Went on the first night, the room was a little stinky.

Napa at the main bar was amazing! she totally rocks. Dave was singing and playing his guitar non stop and it was very fun.

Cleanliness - The ship was clean for the most part. Towards the 3rd day you could already begin the smell what seemed to be the sewer in some areas. 

Guys Burgers is great