Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise #3

Sail Date: August 06, 2015

The overall atmosphere of the ship was laid back, there was a lot to do, although we didn't really participate in much of it. We hang out at the bar most of the day and got to know some great Fun Ship employees who work their butts off!

Alcohol (because there is no separate section for this) – We were 6 adults, celebrating 2 of our group’s birthdays. The drink bill was outrageous for the first day, since we couldn't purchase the cheers program out of Galveston due to Texas rules, they sure do get you that one day! – We were able to purchase the cheers program on the second day. One thing I was not aware of was that all adults in the cabin MUST purchase it, weather you drink or not, we all did so it was no problem, but it made me wonder of what if I had come with my parents? The price was $50+gratuity per day and it MUST be purchased for all remainder days of the cruise. So we paid an average of $170 per person. Doing the math it was worth it but frankly by the time Sunday came I didn’t want to look at another drink again. So there was a wasted day.

I do feel that I paid 3X more for this cruise then my previous ones and had a less to show for it. Not sure I will cruise again with many other vacation options out there that beat the price.

Food - I remember the food being of better quality in the past, I wasn't too impressed this time around. Guys burgers was pretty good. The only thing available 24/7 was the pizza.
Buffet, Guys burgers, cold cuts, chopsticks that all had a time that was open/closed. There is room service 24/7 available for an additional fee.
My husband is a very picky eater, but the restaurant for our scheduled diner was very accommodating with his requests and would prepare one day in advance for his meals.
Napa at the main bar was amazing! she totally rocks. Dave was singing and playing his guitar non stop and it was very fun.
Entertainment: DJ was rocking by the pool, but it was so crowded we hardly hang out there, Comedy show was ok. Went on the first night, the room was a little stinky.
Debarkation and Embarkation in Cozumel was smooth as well, No priority to Faster 2 the fun purchasers, it was the same for everyone, but with proper planning, you can get out and in smoothly. We got the Jeep excursion it was fun.
Ship Quality Cleanliness - The ship was clean for the most part. Towards the 3rd day you could already begin the smell what seemed to be the sewer in some areas. 
Embarkation - We purchased the Faster the Fun pass which I do recommend, our embarkation process went smooth and quick, and we were able to start the fun as early as 12:30pm in Galveston in the ship. Our luggage did not make it to our room right away as promised by the Faster 2 the fun but that was not a big deal since we were already prepared in our bathing suits when we arrived. When we received our luggage the wine (which is allowed) was removed, there was a letter inside of it that was a bit misleading, stating our luggage was locked (which it wasn't) and we needed to report to a location at a certain time to get it open. My assumption was that maybe they didn't have a letter stating that our wine had been removed and we could pick it up at a certain time later. But that didn't happen. Guest services was unable to help and although they promised to look into it I never heard back, After realizing the cork fee was $15 per bottle, I gave up on wanting the wine anyway, the next day we would be able to buy our cheers program and that was fine.
Debarkation back in Galveston – Faster 2 the fun definitely a plus, quick and smooth.

Guys Burgers is great