Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruiser report!

Sail Date: March 19, 2015

This was my first cruise.  I learned a lot about what I like and what I'd like to see in the future.  First, if you don't have kids, select a boat that has a private area for adults-unless you want to be inundated with children in the pool and on the pool decks. Second, we chose a cruise that only went to one port and had 4 days at sea.  The sea days were great to learn about the layout of the boat, and how things work.  Next time, I would like to go to multiple ports.  One day in Cozumel was nice, but I'd like to see more!  If you just want to play in the Casino all day or lay out in the sun, then the days at sea are nice.  The formal dining experience is extremely nice!  If you'd like to venture out and experience some of the chef's culinary creations, then you will be pleased with the revolving menu.  However, if you would rather eat steak or something "less exciting", then there is a set menu you can choose from every night, which is delicious as well.  The dining room entertainment was a nice addition to the dining hall.

I was very pleased with our balcony stateroom.  My husband and I enjoyed the private balcony throughout the day for some quiet time.  It was a nice escape from all the noise on the other decks.  Deck 10 was a quiet deck during our cruise.  The room was spacious enough that we didn't feel cramped. I don't think we would have enjoyed an interior cabin or the port window-we appreciate space, so it was worth a few dollars more for the balcony.

The photographers on the ship can be a bit much.  Bring a good camera and take photos yourself or ask a fellow shipmates to take them of you.  The ones we took were much better than the ones they tried to take of us.  If you desire posed, portrait style photos, then the photographers on board will have a backdrop that you will enjoy.  Personally, we liked the natural photos we took in Cozumel over the fake sunset backgrounds and posed photos of the cruise ship background.  Our excursion on the Island sightseeing tour took us to a beach where they let us take photos with a parrot and an iguana for a donation. They took great photos with our cameras for next to nothing-totally worth it!

The Carnival Triumph team was so friendly!  Kirk, the cruise director, did an excellent job keeping our ship informed of events, and keeping the mood light and full of laughter.  We enjoyed our first time experience!

Cruise Photos

Great food, excellent service!
Fadil, our steward, and our dining room staff, Guana and his dining room teammates, were superb!
They really tried with the shows! If you haven't experienced Broadway or Disney World, then you will really enjoy the effort and quality they are trying to put together for you on board.
The Casino was a lot of fun!
The excursions seemed a bit pricey. Next time I would venture out on my own.
Fadil paid excellent attention to details!
Galveston, Texas
There isn't much to do at the pier. Nearby there's a lot going on.
Beautiful! Don't get caught up in all the shopping and miss the beauty around you!