Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruiser

Sail Date: January 03, 2015

This was my first cruise to go on. It as a lot of fun. I was told by people who have traveled on cruises before that the boat was a little out of date but for what I needed and wanted to do it was perfectly fine, especially for the price.

The crew was extremely nice and helpful the whole time throughout our trip. I loved our wait staff, Jan & Sabbi (his name was way too long for me to remember), at dinner. They were very funny and always paid great attention to our table.

The boat was well kept the whole time and the events were very fun. I loved the couples trivia. I just died laughing and the host was great. The dancers were amazing to watch. The magic show was also well done.

I would say that the DJ Ness was a little out date with his music. He would change the songs a lot while we were sitting out by the boat or interrupt them. That was sometimes frustrating when you were just trying to relax. The DJ in the club on the 5th floor was also not playing amazing music at night.

Piano bar was great. It was my birthday one night and he was so great. Had me sit on the piano while he played dirty songs. I believe his name was Rob or Bob. But either way I would recommend going to there at the end of the night if you are looking for a fun time.

GO TO ALCHEMY BAR! The drinks are AMAZING. We found this place on the 2nd night we were there and I fell in love. It is right next the The Big Easy were the Piano bar is. The bartenders were amazing. Yulia, Adri, and Tijana are talented mixologists and great at keeping conversation going with everyone. It's worth the prices for the drinks there.

The food... eh. It's ok. The Burger place is AWESOME. Loved the Pizza place in the back by the pool.

Both places we stopped were lots of fun. Progresso was a lot better than what I was expecting. We rode in on the bus, walked to the beach, and bar hopped. We ate fried Grouper at Buddy's right off the beach then we walked down to The Crazy Octopus (Pulpo Loco) and had fried Red Snapper. Oh My Gosh. If you do anything in Progresso be sure to try this. It was so good. Margaritas were strong and the beer was cold. I don't know what else you could ask for.

I would for sure do this cruise again.

It is obviously not the most up to date ship, but it was well kept.
The staff was great but the food was ok.
Jury took care of our room and he was so incredibly nice and kept everything very nice. Jan and Sabbi from dinner in the Paris dining hall were amazing. Yulia, Adri and Tijana at the Alchemy bar were funny and great mixologists.
Great for the price. Always want to be in the middle of the boat incase of rough water.
Galveston, Texas
Gaido's is an AMAZING restaurant off the sea wall. A little pricey but worth the money. I also love going to Moody Gardens.
The water was BEAUTIFUL. I did not want to leave. Fury Catamaran is the excursion we did. The snorkeling was ok. Not the best and disappointing because Cozumel is known for great reefs. The drinks that they supply are beer and margaritas, and i use the term margarita loosely because it was more like sugar water. The beach they take you to is fun though and the guys who ran the boat were great.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We walked down the beach and there were amazing bars and food. Buddy's and Polpo Loco had amazing fried fish and drinks

Be sure to bring as much water as you are allowed because it is not free.

They do supply a towel for you to use in your room but we brought our own and it was nice because if one was wet we could use the other.