Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst Carnival Cruise Ever

Sail Date: December 01, 2014

This was my 6th Carnival cruise. Twice on the Holiday, once each on the Celebration, Jubilee and Conquest. All facets of the cruise have been deteriorating. Food and entertainment are not even close to what they offered in years past. Dining room staff and cabin stewards are still great. That's where the good service ends. If you want a drink while at a pool, go get it yourself, you'll get extremely tired of waiting on someone to take your order for it. If you want coffee with your breakfast at the buffet, first find a working coffee dispenser and try to get a table nearby. The Guest Services desk was always understaffed with a long line of passengers waiting. I always thought my NCL cruise didn't measure up to Carnival standards. This cruise didn't even compare favorably with the NCL cruise. I definitely won't ever be back on a Carnival ship.

Ship was as nice as every other Carnival ship I've been on
Food wasn't bad, but not as good as in the past
Just like all the others in the past
Cabin steward was great. Dining room waitress was ok (staff is overworked!)
Entertainment was good, not as varied as in the past.
Progreso - good. Cozume - great. At least they haven't changed.
Galveston, Texas Favorite thing to do here? Entering and leaving. Don't stay at Springhill Suites.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Excursions here are OK. Shopping is not so great.
Shopping here is the best.

Guys Burger is definitely not the best burger I've had. I doubt his name would be on it if he'd eaten the two that I tried. If you plan on eating in the buffet, check the times it's open. It's hours have been curtailed.