Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Good Balance of Time On and Off the Ship

Sail Date: November 03, 2014

We have had cruises where there was time in port for ever day other than travelling to and from the home port.  This cruise provided time on board ship to experience the amenities and activities available and also experience some fantastic shore excursions.  If you are going to Progreso, I strongly recommend the Cenote Snorkeling trip.  You don't need to snorkel to enjoy it and the bicycling portion is not terribly strenuous.  I am a 54 year old, not terribly fit woman and I managed it just fine.  I also enjoyed the Twister Boat to Isle de Pasion, in Cozumel but it would have been nice to have more time there.

It was fresh and newly updated
The food was very good. Don't let anyone tell you you can't eat on a diet while cruising. It takes some extra will power but if you need to, you can do it.
We had an inexpensive room (Oceanview) and it was very nice. We could have done with more electrical outlets but maybe there is a safety reason why there weren't more.
Silvia and Miriana in the London Dining Room were great.
We didn't go to any production shows because I have attended them on other cruises and I am really picky. I was unimpressed, so I didn't go to them on this ship. The headliner comedian was good. Kim Williamson (?) was kind of funny but I don't go in for self humiliation humor. We enjoyed watching the karaoke each night before dinner.
Children's Programs n/a
The gym was nice and the pools were not too crowded.
I wrote about this in my review
Galveston, Texas
We live near Galveston so we just buzzed in and boarded. Moody Gardens is very nice but quite pricey. Schlitterbahn (large waterpark) has winter sections and is open all year. Again, quite pricey. The food on the island is good.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We didn't get to spend much time here. Save your shopping dollars for Cozumel
Yes, the shopping is good but be careful and shop around. We found better prices in several places on stuff we started to buy early on.