Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good learning experience

Sail Date: October 16, 2014

This was our first cruise and picked a 4 day just to see what it was all about.  I was disappointed in our steward, I had read so much about how they take care of you and we only saw him one time on Sat morning.  We didn't really need anything but if we had we would have been out of luck . I also was disappointed in the areas on the ship that we could lay around and enjoy the ocean without being in the sun.  We did take advantage of the area on Deck 3 but it was so far away from everything else.  If there is a next time we will definitely  get a balcony.  I didn't like your cheers program in that both of us in the cabin had to purchase it, my husband doesn't drink and so it wasn't a good option for us but having to pay for each drink curbed my drinking and so was not able to relax like I had planned.  I was given a drinks on us card in the casino but it was midnight on Sun and a waitress never came around again to our blackjack table I finally went to the bar when we had a break in shuffeling and received one free drink.  We enjoyed the shows but wish that someone would tell the lead female singer that her white eyeshadow made her look like a zombie and I couldn't watch her.   I did expect more entertaining kind of shows not art auctions and seminars. Debarking was crazy and we got caught in lobby with all the early people and their bags and weren't able to get to the Rome room to wait until the line went down.  We went on the dune buggy excursion and I wouldn't recommend it, where we left from was a long walk from the ship, we never traveled the beach, we couldn't even see the beach because of the foilage on both sides of the road.Our lunch was terrible and soda and water was warm.  At each stop we had people trying to sell us something, not very relaxing.  In all fairness though, I reread the description when we got home and even though we rode in dune buggies it said travel along paved road with foilage. We had the late dinner and our wait staff was great.  Joel and his crew were very attentive and great to us.  I tried the fish options several times on the buffet but was always disappointed, they were rubbery and dry.  We were thankful for the late dinner time because if we didn't like what was on the buffet we still could get a good meal.  Overall I was glad that we had a small getaway but not sure if a another cruise is in our future.

Would have liked a spinach option for salad and expected the fish to taste better on a cruise Everytime my husband went for strawberry yogurt the machine wasn't working
Joel and his wait staff at the late dining in the Paris dining room

Bring a big cup to take advantage of the free water, tea and lemonade so that you can take it with you because most of these stations are on the Lido deck.