Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Truly a FUN vacation!

Sail Date: August 02, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

We had a great time.  We have been to Progresso and Cozumel before so we just stayed on the ship, laid out by the pool, watched and listened to great concerts on the big screen and had great bar service as they always knew when to come by.

Casino was nice too.  They have an electronic black jack table with lower minimums then the dealer tables and they were just as fun.  My mom won second place in the slots tournament.

Guy's burger stand was awesome!  Had burgers 3 times!  This is a great smaller ship with plenty to do.  Highly recommend for someone looking for their first cruise experience.  Or for experienced cruisers just looking for a inexpensive get-a-way.  Best value for the best price in my opinion.

I liked all the upgrades, especially by the main pool.
the food quality was excellent. There seemed to be more flavor in the dishes.
Love Joy was always there to take our drink orders when we needed one.
Only saw the illusionist and he and the carnival dancers were really good.
while we didn't have any kids with us, you could see other kids enjoying their programs.
Great variety of concerts on the big screen. DJ played good party music.
Even though we didn't get off ship, Cozumel is awesome. Progresso, not as much.
Everything was great except the theatre was right above our room. So if you try and go to bed before 10pm, it was a little loud.
Galveston, Texas
We used They were fast and close to the ship.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Stay on the boat and enjoy the pool while everyone else gets off.
Tons of activities for every interest. Snorkeling tours are my favorite.

Every day I would go to the sandwich bar and get smoked salmon without the bagel. I love smoked salmon.