Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

There was more to do than time allowed and a great experience

Sail Date: July 19, 2014

We enjoyed our time onboard as it was very relaxing. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of our stateroom.Everything was so dusty that my phone that sat on the counter for 5 days had a dust film on it by the time we left. The staff was VERY friendly and took care of every need.

There were several locations on the boat that smelt like sewer and the overall cleanliness wasn't great.
Food wasn't anything special.
Jerry in the Paris dinnig room upstairs and his co-worker (female can't remember name) were great! Jerry was VERY energetic and kept us laughing every night for dinner
We enjoyed all of John Wesley comedy shows. Caroline was good too, but her show the 1st night seemed as if she was trying to see how many cuss words she could say and it was very excessive. but we attended her show on the last night and the cussing wasn't near as bad and her show was enjoyable.
I had 1 - 12 year old and the 2 - 11 year olds and 1 - 9 year old, the 8-11 year old program was boring to them so they did not participate much, I wished they all could have moved up to the 12-14 year old club, but my 9 year old was not allowed to do that and I didn't want only one child left of of either program. Also, the kids said that on our 1st day at sea when they went to check out the lady was very mean (didn't get her name)
There was definetly plenty to do.
Cozumel was awesome, but Progresso wasn't anything to speak of
The room was very dated and dirty! Their was SO much dust in the room that my phone that was sitting on the counter for 5 days had a layer of dust by the 5th day. There were chunks of dust behind the TV and you could see tons of dust up in the lighting too.
Galveston, Texas
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Nothing special about it

Pack a small bag as a carry on with swim suits, sun block, motion medicine and any other essentials as your bags may not get to your room until nearly 6pm!! We did this, but other families in our group did not and their kids could not swim until 6pm because their swim suits were in their suit cases.