First Cruise

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 05, 2014
Ship: Carnival Triumph
Cabin Number: GUAR

This was our first cruise so we went in apprehensive, but were quickly suprised and happy we made the plunge. We had read the reviews so we were not overly suprised by anything except the bed for our daughter in our room. We did not pick our room so I was suprised they put 3 people in a room with only two beds and a couch that was barely 5' long. They beds were assembled into a KIng which was fine, but our daughter had to sleep with her feet hanging over the end of the couch.... I guess because we had a Balcony they dont have wall beds? Next time I will definitely clarify before we book that there is sufficient beds so everyone can sleep comfortably.

We will definitely be going again on another cruise, however we will be trying a different cruise route next time. Cozumel was great and very short Taxi ride to activities, but Progresso was in my opinion a waste of a day I would have preferred to psend at Cozumel. People is Progresso were very friendly but everything is so far away you waste half of the day just riding in a bus seeing poor Mexico countryside. Even the shops at Progresso seemed low end and not very exciting versus Cozumel.

My opinion....SKIP COZUMEL.

Dining room is much better than the buffet as expected at any restaurant.

Male singer was weak on alot of numbers, not sure why..

Dining staff were excellent.

Definitely dated interior, but clean.

Our room was no where near as big as the one pictured with a coffee table and full size couch. We had twin beds made into a King and a love seat with a TV tray size adjustable height table.
By far was the highlight of our vacation.