Love the destinations and onboard activities.

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 16, 2014
Ship: Carnival Triumph

I had an excellent vacation on this cruise!  The service of the Carnival Triumph staff is top notch and worth every bit of gratuity required; I even gave above that.  Boarding is always a little chaotic on cruises, but all is well with the buffet open and waiting for those who board.

The cabin stewards were excellent.  They were non-intrusive in making up the room every morning.  The towel animals were delightful to find everynight with the turn-down service they provided.  One of the animals I requested to keep, and they left it for the entire length of the voyage.

Eating in the dining room every evening was a highlight.  Getting there was a bit precarious.  The camera cruise set up along the Promanade nightly.  The size of the corridor was not large enough to contain both the multiple photo stations and the crowd going thoughout the walkway.  This could easily be remidied by only taking pictures 2 nights of the cruise.

The weight staff was awesome, and I use that word in most appropriate manner possible.  They were accomidating and even offered seconds if I particularly liked a dish (note: try all of the chilled fruit soups -  delicious).  My party was even told that we could request a particular dessert, not on the typical menu, on the last night of the cruise.  We did, and it was as excellent as I have ever had.

My party did not do any of the shore excursions offered through Carnival, but we did find beaches that were beautiful.  I recommend San Fransico beach in Cozumel.  You do have to take a taxi, and there is a minimum beverage/food purchase of $10 required, but it is well worth the short taxi ride to the beach.  Progresso has a public beach within walking distance of the shuttle bus station.

When shopping, barter with the sales people.  It's fun and you can ususally get things lower that 1/2 the original asking price.  This goes for Progresso and Cozumel.

Things to do while aboard:

1. Karaoke

2. Talent show (if you don't perform, go to the show - ours was excellent)

3. Trivia

4. The piano sing along - he plays all the old favorites

5. Tea time

6. Breakfast in the dining room.

This is an excellent vacation, and I highly recommend it.  The alcohol is free flowing and there were some people that were completely intoxicated; just avoid them and have a great vacation.

THE BEST!

Some had scantily clad females. It depends on your taste.

OUTSTANDING

The cabin stewards were nonintrusive, yet attentive to your wants and needs.

Definitely go to the dining room for breakfast and participate in as many activities as you can.