Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Through the eyes of an Okie!

Sail Date: May 24, 2014

This was our first cruise and I wish we had done this years ago.  I like the way the crew, from the wait staff in the dining room to our room steward remembered our names and welcomed us like we had known them forever.  The rooms were clean and spacious, we got a balcony room which was perfect for enjoying the view in private.  The choices of food options were fantastic!  In the dining room itself and in the buffets.  We were ready to plan our next cruise before we even got back to port which by the way came way too soon.

Our balcony room was the perfect place for alone time. Seemed very well organized when it came to boarding, luggage arrive to our cabin a lot quicker than I would have thought for as many people that were on board.
Food was fantastic! My arm is a little sore from where I was forced to eat so much!
Excellent!! Always smiling and ready to help. Our room steward was wonderful and we really liked our wait staff and the shows they put on during dinner.
The musical shows and the magician were really entertaining. We went to the adult comedy show one night but didn't care for it, but others seemed to enjoy it.
What we saw was good, made me feel kind of guilty for not bring our granddaughter.
There was always something to do!
The went on the Dolphin swim and ride and the excursion to Mayan ruins. The dolphin swim was a lot of fun especially seeing my husband kissing and being kissed by a dolphin. Really want a repeat that with my daughter and granddaughter! The Mayan Ruin trip was good, but the long drive to it didn't allow much time to really explore.
Everyone said don't waste money on a balcony room you'll never use it. We will always try to get one. We enjoyed it early in the morning and it was awesome at night to just be able to go out and sit or stand and watch the water, feel the breeze and look at the stars.
We took some photos of the room the main difference in our room and the room shown in the picture is our TV wasn't up next to the ceiling it was more counter level. We liked that you could keep check of your account on it.
Galveston, Texas
We drove down the day befor and stayed at a motel that let us leave our car in their lot and a shuttle picked us up at the lobby dropped us off at the port and took us back to the motel when we returned.
Take lots of money because you'll want to buy everything!
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Didn't get to spend much time in the port because we took a long excursion. Would have liked to look around and of course spend more money!

Be prepared to have a great time!!! The early breakfast goers had shorter lines. You can get a burger back home but you can't get Guy's burgers and homemade fries there, we were just going to try them one afternoon but had to get another later in the cruise.