Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time

Sail Date: August 01, 2013

This was a very good value for the price. This was my first cruise and the cabins were larger than expected. The decor was shabby but, for the most part, clean. I did not understand why the windows were so dirty. I can understand the outside of the windows over water but there is no excuse for the insides to be dirty, or the outside that are on deck. I absolutely loved the 10 member show band. They were excellent!

Pros: live ten member show band, size of cabins

Cons: dirty windows inside and out

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The type and condition of decor was about the same level as a Super 8 or Motel 6
Plenty of food but flavor wasn't spectacular, especially for the desserts. The powdered eggs and teas were the worst. Eggs were edible when made into an omelet and tea was only drinkable if hot. Love the many ice cream and hot coco machines. Bus boys very unobtrusively cleared away tables. Longer hours at the specialty eateries would have been nice but buffet was open until 9:30
Larger than I was expecting on a ship. Bed was rock hard and curtains had tiny holes through it like a cat had been climbing. First thing I had to do was clean the inside of the window and the couch (still had cool-aid on it from a previous guest. Amazed me that will all those people we never had low water pressure or ran out of hot water
All staff were very helpful and made a point of learning our names, then used them every chance they could
The pools were nowhere near big enough for the amount of guests on board so we avoided them until others went onshore. Good variety of entertainment and loved the booklet with detachable card that let you know what the days activities were. The seaside theater was also great. Love sitting on deck under the stars watching movies