Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Way Overpriced

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

The ship seemed thrown together. When we were FINALLY able to get on the ship after a very long day, the room was not clean. The crew apologized and told us to be back for 1:30. 1:45 came along and it STILL was not clean. They also "forgot" to wash the sheets and towels....coming into a room that cost nearly $2,000, I don't want to see hair on my towels or unclean sheets. The crew apologized again and explained he was held up in customs which was his excuse for a poor cleaning job. I was charged many extra things for my bill and Carnival promised not once but TWICE that it wouuld be refunded within a business day. FOUR business days and THREE customer service calls later, they were finally refunded. Me having to be out that money around the Christmas holidays was the cherry on the sundae. Royal Caribbean it is. This experience was awful and I will not be patronizing Carnival anytime soon.

Pros: The idea of a cruise; everything is 'right there'

Cons: Very outdated decor in staterooms, especially for those who paid BEFORE the disaster with the Triumph. Also, language barriers with nearly every employee was not a fun experience.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Dirty.
Food was very well prepared, so were the dining staff.
Awful decor, average size, horrible quality.
Average because of the language barriers. They can be nice all day long, but half of them could not understand me and they were not doing a great job of cleaning, etc.