Need More Games & Activities!

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 04, 2014

OK, the food and service was fabulous. The game shows like "Game of Love" or "Battle of the Sexes" were a lot of fun, but there were not enough of them. The musical shows were good, but some of the constumes were pretty tacky/slutty - my adult brothers and my children didn't appreciate that. My teen-age kids loved all of the fun activites that were planned in club O2, and my nieces & nephews had a blast in Camp Carnival & Circle C - great job with pleasing the kids! I myself was pretty bored at times because the water slides were shut down, the hot tubs were crowded,& the only things to participate in most of the day are: gambling, bingo, trivia games & Karaoke. I like trivia & karaoke, but I don't drink & I don't gamble, so it would have been nice if there were MORE ACTIVITIES, BIG SCREEN MOVIES & SHOWS for the adults throughout the day. (Trivia games get old, people.) Finally, I didn't like singing karaoke with the smell of cigarette smoke in the air. DISGUSTING!!! Why they had us singing on the other side of the casino, I don't understand. The weather was lousy too, but Carnival can't control that - oh well. There's my review, folks.

Go to the Lido deck for breakfast. Go to the spa on the last 2 days - the prices are lower! Carnival Magic ship is better. Bring a book or movies in case they shut down the water slides & pool, (Sometimes there's nothing going on but trivia games) Karaoke - sign up quickly if you want a turn!