Started off Late but ended up Great

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 18, 2013
Ship: Carnival Triumph

We were late boarding and late departing due to foggy conditions in Galveston.I arrived in Galveston around 11:30 monday morning was aboard ship about 5 pm.It was dark when we left and very cool and dark outside so sail away was not enjoyable to me.My room was all the way in the very rear of the ship below the dining room and the ride was very rough at times due to high winds.The food was good at guys burger joint as well as the lido deck.I did not care for the movies that were shown on the outdoor screen.The Tv in my room was an older one that was dark and I could not adjust the color on it,My girlfriend used the dryer in the washateria and after puting 3:50 in it found out that it was didnt work so she had to dry her clothes in the room.Went in to town at Progresso there were a lot of shops in the downtown it reminded me of Laredo although there was no place that I felt safe to eat in.Returned back to ship after 3 hours.It was very boring on the ship while in port almost nothing that interested me .That night I enjoyed the comedy show,and karoake lost some money in the casino then called it a night.Arrived at Cozumel at 7:30 am werent allowed to get off ship till almost 10:am dont remember what the problem was.We had a great time in Cozumel ate drank bought gifts walked and rode a lot.Weather was fine on the return home saw two new comedians,the show band was great ,Chuck out by the pool was good .Over all we had a good time but would like to see some southern food on the menu such as Greens,Chicken and Dumplins Gumbo Chilly,Sweet potatoe pie ect.Also would like some different movies shown on the outside screen.Met a lot of people made a lot of new friends looking forward to my next cruise in Feb. Getting off was a breeze ,we were headed back down hwy, 45 at around 10 am.

Had to wait forever to get my free drink in the dining room

If you have a coupon for a free drink and don't want to eat brunch in the dining room be prepared to wait for them to acknowledge you and wait some more to receive your drink