Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

8 days on a Floating Toilet

Sail Date: February 07, 2013

I don't know where to start, Carnival put us on a ship that they knew had some issues. As I understand it they have had problems the last few voyages, but instead of shutting it down and doing a thorough service, they put us all at great risk.

The sanitary conditions on the ship was worse than a 3rd world country, raw sewage all over he ship. The floors were slick due to the humidity which made it treacherous to walk on certain areas including the only place to get food. Unfortunately, there was not anything anybody could have done to fix that.

The food situation that was reported was self inflicted by the passengers. You would see people carting off piles and piles of food. The first morning, we saw one couple with 27 boxes of cereal sitting on there table. Every meal you would see people carting off all they could carry. I personally never had a problem finding food , but I am sure those that waited until right before they closed the food line to get ready for the next meal was getting scraps. I will say this, we talked to the cruise director about the staff serving the food instead of letting people serving themselves and she listened and when it was implemented things went much better. I bet the emergency procedure book get rewritten after this.

I can't express enough how hard working and professional the crew was. They were going through the same misery as the rest of us while still doing their jobs and many more jobs that wasn't in their job description. They all did it with a smile on their faces and worked their asses off. The only crabby one on the whole ship was a nurse in the infirmary. I'd go with that crew anywhere!!!!

Cruise Photos

It cought fire
they did great with what they had to work with
Dark and had no A/C
Beyond Excellent!!!!!!!

When the ship catches fire, I recommend making the lido deck back by the world pool your home. Great views through the windows, you will have your own bar to get your drinks ,you can keep an eye on the grill so you know when they are getting ready to serve lunch. When it rains, you will stay dry. The only downside is , you will have to hike the the nearest semi functioning bathroom.