Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun Cruise for the Most Part

Sail Date: November 10, 2012

Overall the ship was wonderful. However, some things were disappointing and could use improvement. The formal dining room meals were great, while the buffet meals left something to be desired. I was really looking forward to the sushi bar that the description of the Triumph says is onboard - when we arrived and asked how to get to it, a crew member told us it had been closed for awhile (all of the ship maps, online descriptions, etc. still say the Triumph has a large sushi bar). The seas were very rough which made for a tough first few days, but that isn't something that is controlled by the ship, of course.

Pros: Formal dining\, live shows

Cons: NO sushi bar\, photo pricing

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Need to update their maps and descriptions to get rid of the things that are no longer offered on the ship. Tough to get around some areas\, but overall easy to navigate.
The formal dining rooms deserve a 5-star rating\, but the buffet only 3. Food seemed less fresh than we expected and was often very dry. Our waiter in the Paris dining room\, Stanmir (Stan the Man) was the best waiter I've ever had.
We loved our stateroom (balcony\, 10th floor). Our stateroom service (Jonathan and another I unfortunately don't remember the name of) was wonderful\, too. It was my first cruise\, and I didn't expect them to know my name\, where I was from\, who I was travelling with\, etc. It was nice to be personally greeted by them each time we were in the hall.
AMAZING ship staff. Everyone from the servers to the performers to the casino dealers was always friendly\, helpful and cheerful. The cruise director\, Jen\, really went out of her way to personally greet and speak with every guest she could - I know everyone really appreciated that.
Because the weather wasn't the best for our whole trip\, it would've been nice to have a few more things to do during the day that appealed to our younger group (there was bingo\, lots of casino tournaments\, etc.\, just nothing we wanted to spend $ to do). The evening shows (dance/singing and comedians) were phenomenal.

1 Comment