Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Mexico

Purser

NOT a TRIUMPH ant cruise!!

Sail Date: August 01, 2012

I was very excited about cruising on Carnival because I had heard they were terrific but they were anything but. I've cruised before with other cruise lines so I know whereof I speak. Very few of the ship's personnel were pleasant. They all seemed tired and overworked. Unfortunately, whoever designed the ship itself should be fired. It was impossible to go from point A to point B without going up 2 or 4 flights of stairs or walking the length of the ship to get around a restaurant or casino. On other cruise ships you may eat at any time, but on this Carnival ship they seemed to like to open up maybe 2 restaurants at a time. This caused massive lines and grouchy cruisers. Also, when you were waiting on line, many busboys had to cut in front of you and behind you with dirty dishes on their way to the kitchen....nice ambience. Every swimming pool and hot tub were filled with children 99% of the time and adults could not get near them until late at night. If there was an \"adult only\" pool we would never have known because it certainly wasn't enforced. The exit and entrance procedures for excursions were lengthy, hot and ridiculous. I saw other cruise ships at some of the ports we went to and they never had lines. Why is it that this cruise always did?! I will never cruise on Carnival again and I will never recommend it to my friends.

Pros: the cabin

Cons: 99% of everything else

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Info above...
Extremely poor layout!!!
Overall poor quality food with convenience sorely lacking!!
Loved our cabin with the balcony. Unfortunately you allowed smokers on either side of us so we could not go out on our balcony for very long without coughing our brains out!!
Only the fine dining room staff and our room attendant were terrific. No one else\, unfortunately.
The cruise director was exceptionally annoying.