Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First Timers

Sail Date: July 12, 2012

It was my first time on a cruise and it's not what I expected,I was given the 8:15 dinner time and I have a small child which goes to sleep at 9 otherwise he won't function the next day and when I booked the cruise I was told I was going to get \"anytime\" seating...when I received my cards it stated I wasn't getting that and apparently that option is a first come first serve basis. It ruined our entire trip because we weren't able to do anything afterwards. I am aware they have daycare just not comfortable leaving him at a place where he might wake up and be frightened not seeing his parents. The main pool area is open to smokers and I do not enjoy eating lunch around a cloud of smoke. I will not ever be taking a cruise, I would prefer an all inclusive trip where I'm free and able to do whatever I want WHENEVER I want and WEAR whatever I want with no time restrictions whatsoever. This kind of trip is more for bachelor or bachelorette parties...... not so much for family.

Pros: Most of the staff was nice

Cons: The dinner times

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Room service was GREAT!!!! They cleaned your room I think twice a day.
Food was not out of this world\, it was ok.
You could hear EVERYTHING\, even if you were on a different deck. If you are a light sleeper like me\, the music\, people talking or walking in the hallway. Didn't sleep well from all the noise.
Most of the staff was very courteous and friendly.