Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

So-so Cruise

Sail Date: June 04, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall, I would probably not opt for another Carnival cruise. Some aspects were great, but my overall impression one day after the cruise is a let down.

Pros: Friendliness of staff

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Very friendly and helpful in every way.
The food on the buffet lines was good, but didn't vary a great deal day-to-day.I was disappointed in the food in the evenings. We had the late seating in the Paris dining room. Of the four nights we ate there, I can only remember one really good meal. The rest of the evenings had only average meals. The presentation wasn't interesting, portions very small. Wait staff was wonderful.
The stateroom was larger than I had expected. I opted for a balcony for the first time, and that was a treat. The decor was okay, some of the stools, etc. a bit worn, but overall just fine.
My 11 year old grandaughter enjoyed most of the children's program. It occasionally bored her, but for the most part, she enjoyed meeting friends she could hang out with and had a good time.