Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Mexico

No Triumph Here

Sail Date: May 12, 2012

This was my 4th Carnival cruise and my last. The ship's layout was difficult to get around. Since we were travelling with my 87-year-old mother we had to take elevators everywhere because none of the decks go straight through and we were constantly changing decks to get where we needed to go. The ship was freezing everywhere--cabins, casino, dining, lounges, etc. Our worst experience onboard was on the 3rd day when a leak developed in our 8th deck balcony cabin. We were moved off that deck (the deck all of our family was on) to a 2nd deck non-balcony cabin that smelled like garbage. For all of the inconvenience we were compensated $138. That seems like a joke to me but I'm not laughing. I organized this cruise for 17 people but next time I won't be organizing with Carnival.

Pros: The embarkation and debarkation processes have improved greatly since we last cruised out of Galveston and we were pleasantly surprised.

Cons: The ship's layout, the temperature of the ship, the MANY drunk people who were loud and raucous at dinner and throughout the ship

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Terrible layout with dining halls and lounges blocking the straight through path on every deck.
The food was so-so. Sometimes it was very good and sometimes it was very bad. Our table was served last 3 nights in a row and the vacuum cleaners were vacuuming before we had even been served dessert!
Our first cabin on the 8th deck was nice until the leak started from the smoke alarm. The alarm began to blare and stayed on for an hour and 45 minutes during which time not one person came to see why it was going off! The 2nd deck cabin that we were moved to smelled like garbage as did the hallway of the entire deck.