I had a blast

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 28, 2012
Ship: Carnival Triumph
As some others have stated the decor is a bit dated. This did not bother me at all. I have been in many hotels with the same problem and not had anywhere near the level of customer service as I had on the Carnival Triumph. Everyone I came in contact with was extremely helpful and gracious, I liked that there were so many choices of things to do that whether I chose to kick back and relax or kick it up a notch and party a little I could do either and feel comfortable with my choice. The band in World's Way next to the Casino was very talented, particularly the guitarist/vocalist. I made it a point to seek them out to thank them for their performances. The cocktails were wonderful. I'm not a huge drinker but it was a vacation, so I enjoyed a few alcoholic drinks on my trip

I dined in the Paris Dining room every night and was pleased with the food. The portions are small, but definitely enough. You will never starve on the triumph. Most of the time, I had breakfast and lunch on the Lido. Most of it was OK but sometimes things would be cold or overcooked. If you dont like one thing, you cah easily find something else.

Lots of choices. Pretty much anything I would have wanted to do was available

The staff were all wonderful. Very helpful, always had a smile despite being terribly busy at all times. Never had a problem with anyone

I was on the first deck so I had no outside view at all. This did not bother me since I was only in there to sleep

Pros: The staff was awesome and loved the choices

Cons: the dated decor

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!