Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Mexico

Was not impressed.

Sail Date: January 21, 2012

I was not impressed with the Carnival Triumph. It started off, that we boarded really late. We were suppose to board the ship between 12:30 - 2:30 but wasn't able to board until about 6:30 at night. I understand that we had fog so that wasn't as big of a deal. When we got on the ship we were suppose to be upgraded and we were not. We also were suppose to have 6:15 dinner and when we got on the ship they had scheduled us for the 8:15 dinner. I have been on a few other cruises and the big thing is you always gain at least 10lbs because the food is amazing. With this cruise the food wasn't. In fact, more food was not eaten at our table then was. The entertainment wasn't that great and we talked to many of the workers and they said they didn't like working for the cruise ship. That breaks my heart. I hope that the Triumph makes improvements and fast or they will have issues for sure.

Pros: Shore excursion

Cons: The food was bad and the service.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Everyone we talked to was not happy to be working for carnival. Sad really.
We were given the wrong dining time and our servers were not happy to be there. They didn't interact with us. The other cruises I have been on the servers were very interactive and really worked to get an amazing tip. We have always adjusted our tip up but this time I felt like adjusting our tip down. The food quality was not good. Over cooked and some didn't even seem fresh.
Our stateroom was small but doable. The decor was fine.
The cruise ship itself was in good condition.
There wasn't too many activities to do. In fact we were bored.