Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Mexico

1st time cruise

Sail Date: January 16, 2012

This was our first cruise. We were impressed with the ship. We would have liked to see the daily schedule set up for a week schedule instead, then it would give us more time to plan for the week. My suggestion for you.

Pros: the cruise was very nice

Cons: the food was bland, it needed flavor.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The food looked sooo good, but tasted bland and lacked any flavor, even the fresh food. The only thing that was really good was the hamburgers and hotdogs. We ate only once in the dining area and spent our eating time on the 9th floor where I tried the buffet over and over. Plus the ice machines keep getting messed up.
Schedule should have been for the whole week. We could have planned better, other wise it was very good.
In the restaurant, the tables needed to be cleaned better and they seemed to never wipe the chairs. With kids on board, it was needed. Every time I sat down, I had to wipe my chair, no joke! The ship was wonderful.

The guys that cleaned our rooms were the best! They were always friendly and spoke to us every time. The room was great! The stateroom was 100% OK.
Everyone one was nice, but sometimes I wondered if they had trouble understanding me. All in all they were great, except when it came to wipeing tables and chairs in the dining area.