Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Mexico

A wonderful cruise!

Sail Date: January 02, 2012

Overall I would give a big thumbs up on the service, food, friendliness of the crew. Embarking and disembarking went surprisingly quick. The elevators are definitely slow and need upgrading. With four elevators, sometimes six elevators, wait times could be two minutes even when activity was moderate. Many people used the stairs. Also it would be good if the Gym was open 24 hours a day. One little thing could be done that would make things more convenient. Move the phone off the wall and put them on a table near the bed.

Pros: Fast service, quality and variety of food

Cons: See below.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

During the cruise one day after dining I noticed floor fans were blowing air across an area outside my room. I noticed the carpet was soaked, though perhaps someone spilled something. But it was being taken care of whatever it was. The next day I had water soaked carpet inside my state room just inside the entrance. I called room service. They said they would send a plumber. Was there for several hours, never saw anyone. was about to leave to go up to lido deck when one of the cleaning crew asked me how things were going. I explained what happened and he quickly brought in a floor blower into my room. That was a good move. A few hours went by and the carpet dried out. I got a call from room service asking if my problem had been corrected and I said yes, no one could identify the cause of the leak though. But I was dry once again and that is what counts. The next day outside in the hall where the carpet had been wet, this was now dry.
For a great deal of time I felt like a mouse in a maze. Tried several elevators and wound up seeing a restaurant in front of me as the door opened with no choice but to go back to my state room or choose another floor. I don't blame that on the design of the ship or the crew and I am sure there are maps. Guess I am an explore on my own type of person.The introduction videos on TV are a great way of communicating to passengers and it could mentioned that there are floors that have limited access except from certain elevators and one will see nothing but restaurants if they attempt such a venture.
The food variety and delivery was fantastic! Convenience not so much. We were a party of five going on the cruise. To my surprise and shock I was assigned one table, two of my party were assigned another table and two others were assigned different tables so we were all about to be split up into three separate places. After talking with metradee things got better, but still a compromise. As one table already had five guests and each big table seats eight it still meant three of us being assigned to the big table and two assigned to a booth about seven feet away. That was the best that could be done at the time and we lived with it for the full voyage. I had taken a trip to South America on the Norwegian Crown. They had just eliminated assigned seating and things were great. I wish really wish Carnival would consider it...