Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The worst cruise I have ever been on.

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

My first impression of the ship was that it needed to be updated. The look was very 80's with pink and gold everywhere. My first impression of our 8th floor cabin with a balcony was that it was very dirty. It was at the back of the ship and was dusty like it hadn't been used in some time. I pulled out my spray (yes I travel with disinfectant) and cleaned the walls, tables, and anywhere else I could saw needed it. I was very unhappy from the beginning. My in-laws had a room mid-ship on the same floor and their room was larger though it was suppose to be the same size. After we started to move we kept hearing this noise like moving chairs or furniture. We didn't think anything about it at the time until we returned that evening to take a nap but couldn't because of the noise. We called guest services and they sent a security guard to our room about the complaint. He listened and said he would go up to find out what the noise was. He never returned and the noise continued nonstop our entire cruise even though we complained to the desk. I barely slept because of the noise, that turned out to be chairs being moved across the floor because we were located under the pizzeria that never closed. The staff knew this but pretended they didn't understand where the noise came from and then eventually stopped responding to our complaints. I will never cruise Triumph again and probably never cruise Carnival. The room we stayed in was 8410. Never book that room or any rooms that have you directly under dinning.

Pros: The nightly dinner staff was good, for the most part.

Cons: Our room was EXTREMLY noisy!!!

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.