Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent cruise for my elderly parents

Sail Date: September 10, 2011

This is a great ship! Nice size, excellent staff, nice layout.

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Not much to do on the boat

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Great ship! Staff told us the ship is getting a makeover! Once she gets a makeover she will be beautiful! It is one of those ships that is NOT so big it is overwhelming!
The night time shows are great! The magic show by Anders was astonishing! My mom and I kept saying "how did he do that" He was AWESOME! However during the day it didn't seem there was a lot to do! 3 days at sea and if you didn't play Bingo, bid on art, gamble or lay out in the sun, you didn't have much to do! I have a very fair complexion so the first day at sea I sat in the shade due to lack of nothing to due. I was a lucky girl and got sun poisioning. I had to stay inside most of the cruise. I have been on other cruise lines where you are having to decide which activities to go to because there is so much to chose from! This was kinda disappointing!
Food was awesome! Everything we ate was amazing! Nothing we had was bad! NOTHING! We ate every night in the London Dining room and the Staff were the BEST part! They were so warm and welcoming! We loved them! Wait staff called us by our names almost every night!
We were worried about the size of our room for 3 adults but it was perfect! The beds were super comfortable! We had ample space for us all! Get a room with a balcony! It is so worth it! Promise! You will sit out there every day! Plus it is so much fun to watch those people who are late coming in from the ports of call!
Staff make this boat! The dining room staff were awesome! Our room steward was awesome. My dad liked to keep the room at 50 degrees it seemed. I asked for an extra blanket and had it within I swear 10 minutes. Everyday after he would ask if I was warm enough! The entertainment staff, I asked for a story they used in a game for my job and she gladly gave it to me! No questions asked! I was shocked! Staff make this boat!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
My opinion NO need to go on an excursion. Just buy the magical chair lift for kicks and giggles and go over to the beach and hang out! The island is gorgeous! My parents and I shopped in the port and then went to the beach! We had a blast! They play awesome music all day and the island is beautiful! The chair lift is worth the 12 bucks just to be up in the air and see the view! Once again if your an avid shopper, the shopping is fair! However if you are a Harley Davidson person, this Harley store is GREAT!
Don't Miss: Honestly: the pina colodas
We stayed on the pier at Puerto Maya and shopped! Shopping here is WORTH it! We bought TONS of jewelry! And very unique pieces! My advice don't go into the Diamonds International, hit those little unique shops that is where we found the unique pieces! My mom and I both got amazing rings! Plus we all 3 got some amazing jewelry at another local store! Three Amigos is a really cool place to eat and drink! The water is so beautiful! Harley Fans there is NO local Store to buy Harley apparel! The locals are fun to bargain with!
Don't Miss: Best Place for Shopping
Belize City, Belize
It was raining this day! We stayed on the pier and shopped. If your an avid shopper the shopping is fair. Nothing really worth seeing!