Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Ship: Carnival Triumph
Cabin Type: Inside
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 5 years ago
Review SummaryEvidence of deterioration:
1. Rotten potato, obvious reuse of food from prior night.
2. Multiple items in stateroom did not work.
3. Calls to front desk left on hold for 5 minutes.
4. Captain's welcome aboard no longer includes drinks.
5. Premium food is available but at an $18 per plate surcharge!
Excursions have doubled in price in the last few years. Example--We scheduled ourselves for 1/4 the price.
Dance shows were boring and poorly attended. Example--My wife fell asleep in the middle of a dance number.
Variety shows are poor:
1. Vanilla--rated Y7.
2. Initial show is an infomercial.
3. Annoying to people of other races and religions.
Example--Failure to recognize basic differences between Chinese, Japanese and Thai cultures
Failure to recognize basic differences between Christian denominations and beliefs.
A telling point--no comment cards handed out!!!
A good point--debark now only 15 minutes on your TV.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Ports of Call
Pros: Added comedy club. Very good for teens--no "out of control"
Cons: Food and service have deteriorated from last Carnival.