Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

It was a fun cruise !

Sail Date: June 25, 2011

We sailed on the carnival Triumph ship. It was clean. This was our 8th cruise with Carnival Cruise line. This was our 2nd cruise on the Triumph ship. We encountered bad weather and the deck party was moved inside to the Hollywood dance area. It was way to small for everyone to be able to attend. I feel it could have been moved to another night or bigger area like the Rome theater. Also we could not get in to see the comedy shows because they were held in too small of an area . They should have been held in the Rome. Also the pool in the back of the ship use to be for adults only and now it is open to children. I could never get into the pool because it was always filled with children. This cruise also had way too many unsupervised children on board. Kids were running,knocking people down, putting their hands all in the food at the buffet, and just being bad due to no supervision. I did enjoy the big screen TV on lido deck. I enjoyed my private balcony. There was no midnight buffet which I always enjoyed looking at the food cravings etc. I got locked out of my room and it took me calling down to purser desk twice and personally going there twice, to get back into my room. This cruise was not as good as our previously cruises on Carnival. I am hoping it was the bad weather that put the crew off guard.Also the ship appeared to be understaffed. It took a very long time to get drinks at the bar. Also during the shows in the Rome lounge you had to sit in lower lever or you had no drink servers.My cabin steward was great. He kept our room clean at all times. Our waiter was also good but seemed that he had no help. No busboy etc. I just feel that this ship was understaffed. And this was the first cruise that we were not handed cards for our opinion at the end of the cruise.They must have already been aware that this cruise was not up to par. I want everyone to know that I did enjoy this cruise but since I have been on this ship before I know this was not the best that Carnvial has to offer. I hope my next cruise with Carnival is better. The dancers were good and the ship was kept clean. The shows in the dining area , put on by dining room staff was fun and great. My waiter was good and attentive.

Pros: My balcony

Cons: The deck party was moved inside to an area that was too small.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Not as good as our previous cruises. Also dining room appeared to be understaffed. The shows the waiters put on was great and fun.
I got locked out of my room and it took 2 calls and 2 visits to pursers desk to get someone to come and fix it so I could get into my room. I had a balcony room on Lido deck.
Deck party was held in too small of an area due to bad weather. I feel it needed to be held in Rome lounge or moved to another night. Also comedy shows were held in too small of an area. I also feel they needed to be held in Rome lounge.
Our balcony room on Lido deck was great. It was kept clean at all times by cabin steward. Public deck areas and bathrooms were always clean whenever I used them. I always saw staff cleaning and painting.
No problems with our stateroom at all.
Went shopping. Great deals on jewlery. And a great place to go snorkeling.
Don't Miss: Shopping for diamonds and snorkeling.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We took a double decker bus ride for 3 dollars. It took us site seeing.
Don't Miss: 3 dollar double decker bus ride. Sit on top. You can get great pics.