Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

No more Carnival Cruise for me

Sail Date: May 07, 2011

We recently cruised Carnival's Triumph. This is the first and last Carnival Cruise that I will be making. Now, of course, the looks of the cruise was just as it advertised. It was a beautiful ship to say the least. However, the hospitality had a lot of room for improvement. The only staff that I can compliment are the people that clean your room. Otherwise, others acted as if you were a nuissance to them and their day. On captain's night, my husband and I were waiting in line to have photos taken in our formal attire only to be told they were not taking any more photos so we could not have our photos taken. That don't sound to bad, but the kicker was that we were the very last ones in line and had been the last for some time and only two other couples in front of us. I am not sure why the photographer couldnt take one more photo.
There were not activities and interaction with the staff as far as keeping the guest upbeat and happy. This is my 5th cruise and the majority of my cruises were with Royal Carribean and they did such an outstanding job keeping the guest interactive over the entire ship which leaves Carnival lacking to say the least. We are not drinkers or gamblers, so we depended on the activity staff to keep things lively so we were deeply dissappointed. All of the restrooms that I visited within the public area had a horrible smell. The food was not the greatest in taste nor choice. I must say that I have never been served baked beans for breakfast until the Carnival Triumph, but it may just be that I from the south and dont eat baked beans for breakfast.
I could continue with many other examples, but I will not for the simple sake of time and I think you already have a clear picture of my experience with Carnival Triumph.

Pros: The size of the room.

Cons: hospitality

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Quality of food was poor. The convenience of dining times was nice and custom according to all ships I have visited.
The only staff I can compliment is the ones that clean and service the stateroom. The other staff I encountered acted as if they hated their job or the guest was a nuissance.
As fas as looks the ship is beautiful. The pools are very small but yet spaced out so everyone not in one pool. The cleanliness of the public restrooms needed some improvement.
Unless you just want to drink or gamble the entire 7 days, there is nothing more to do. They did not have very many shows or other activities to keep one occupied.
The size of the stateroom seemed a little more roomy than other ships. The bed was uncomfortable. The decorations was nice.
This is just the average tourist area in my opinion. The water in Mexico is beautiful of course.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
This is a beautiful country. We visited the park and was able to have the monkeys and birds actually sit on our shoulders. We snorkeled over the reef and had a magnificant time. I can't wait to visit Mahogany Bay again.
Belize City, Belize
This was an ok spot. We toured the city but have no desire to return to Belize.