Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great vacation

Sail Date: May 14, 2011

My husband and I went on the cruise for our anniversary. We were both really exhausted from a long year of hard work and just wanted to relax and sleep as much as possible. I cannot remember the last time we got so much sleep. It was absolutely great. We had a nice balcony room on the spa deck and we loved it. I would highly recommend the spa deck. It was quiet and we had a beautiful view. We were also right next to the spa and gym which was great for us since we love working out. We signed up for the boot camp that they had and we loved it. I also spent a lot of time in the steamroom, which was great.
One of the few things that we did not like was the crowds around the Lido deck especially during breakfast or lunch so we tried to avoid the deck as much as possible. We ordered breakfast in our room and either skipped lunch or had lunch around 2 pm when it was less crowded. The breakfast and lunch were OK and the dinners were absolutely great.
The people working on the ship were absolutely great especially the onces working in the restaurant.
We signed up for the Dolphine encounter excursion in Freeport and loved it. I highly recommend it. We also liked the Altantis Tour in Nassau. We thought that the excursions in Key West were not worth it since the port is right in the middle of everything you might want to see. We just walked around and visited the history museum for $5/person, which was really fun.
Overall, this was a great vacation. Carnival Triumph is not the newest ship, but it was pretty decent and our room was clean and well maintained.

Pros: the room, the spa and fitness center, the excursions

Cons: somewhat crowded, too many announcements

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Key West, Florida
The history museum.
Don't Miss: Discover Altantis
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
The dolphine encounter was absolutely great.
Don't Miss: The dolphine encounter.