Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Excellent Cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2011

Carnival has done an excellent job of moving people on and off the ship. There are many things to do on the ship and one simply needs to make the choices that fit their family or group.

Pros: The Boarding and Deboarding is the best I've had in probably 8 cruises, the staff was so fun and our service was excellent, the Captain was a delightful man, for ports, we enjoyed Roatan the best -don't miss the Monkey farm or the Cameo Shop and the sights for photography are gorgeous.

Cons: They had warned us to use bug spray at the ports -I put it on my legs and arms and forgot my back -I think I ended up with about 50 bug bites there -word to the wise -spray all over!

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

I do not smoke and found myself walking through the casino on several occasions -I sure wish smoking was not allowed there. I could not use the casino myself because the smoke was so thick.
I'm sure the entertainment and activities were very good -we went to a few shows, but, mostly our family relaxed and visited. The thing is -you can do what you want -participate or relax. This cruise we chose to relax.
Mostly the food was very good and our waiter was really wonderful. He anticipated whenever we wanted something extra and from the first night knew I liked hot tea with my dessert. They are trained very well and are extremely customer oriented. I enjoyed eating on the Lido deck a few times and the food was very good there also.
Everything about our room was fine -the comfy, clean covers to our special requests for an extra blanket and some bathroom items. Our room steward was friendly and accommodating. These folks work hard and we really appreciated them.
Our family had some special birthdays (3 of them for 80,75 and 78 years old) and some of the people on the ship were involved in helping us with special celebrations -they all did a wonderful job. We'll never forget their kindness.