Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome first experience!

Sail Date: April 02, 2011

This was our first cruise experience, and it won't be our last!
We sailed from New Orleans, LA - to Progresso, Mexico - and to Cozumel Mexico. It was more than we expected. The ship was beautifully decorated, the staff was friendly and very helpful. The food was delicious. And I am a bit of a picky eater. But, I tried foods that I've never eaten before... everything was very good!
There were so many different activities to do, that I hated to go to sleep at night. But even that was a treat! The beds were clean and comfortable. I loved the very gentle rocking sensation. I felt like I was like being softly rocked to sleep every night. And the ocean breezed were wonderful. I loved it!
This was our best vacation ever! I can't wait to go again.

Pros: The ship was beautiful! The food was wonderful! The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a wide variety of things to do aboard the ship.

Cons: As first time cruisers, it was a little overwhelming when we first boarded the ship. We were herded aboard, unsure where to go first. However, it didn't take long to learn our way around.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The least expensive, inside rooms were tiny, but cozy. (No windows... could have used a night-light!)
Beautiful decor. There was artwork on the walls everywhere. Much of it was available for sale at an auction event!. Public areas were kept very clean by ship staff. Everything was very accessible (except the Paris Dining room was a little tricky to get to.)
The food was excellent! I sampled food that I had never had before. Everything was very flavorful. There were many choices available in the various buffet areas, and on the menu in the dining room!
All the staff was very helpful and friendly.... Especially the staff we had repeat interactions with, such as the dining room servers and the cabin steward. They were wonderful!
Great variety of things to do, available every day! Schedule of events clearly listed in the "Fun Times" daily bulletin.
We booked the Snorkel and Jeep Adventure. It was awesome! We visited and ecological preserve and saw crocodiles in their natural habitat. We saw a tiny mayan temple that doubled as a lighthouse, using smoke signal fires in ancient times. We climbed to the top of Punta Celarain Lighthouse and saw an amazing view from there. We then went to another beach for shore snorkeling! I loved it, and wished we had more time there. But it was time for a delicious lunch of fajitas and then back to the boat. It was an amazing day!
Don't Miss: The view from the Punta Celarain Lighthouse and shore snorkeling were both wonderful!
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We used an outside agency for a tour to Dziblchultan ruins. The tour group was very large... around 35 people. But our guide was informative, friendly and funny. The ruins were awesome. Then we swam in the cenote at the site. It was a wonderful way to cool off after touring the ruins! On the negative side: the crafts market was crowded with people trying to sell you their items. Be prepared to haggle for a good price! Some souveniers were cheaper to buy here, and other items were better at Cozumel, which we also visited on this trip.
Don't Miss: Swimming in the Cenote, at Dziblchultan ruins, was very cool!