Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First ever cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2011

This ship was impressive. Our stateroom was spacious and very clean. The added touches of the towel animals and mints in the evening made it very special. I often wondered how the cleaning crew always seemed to know we left even for a few minutes, we'd come back to refreshed ice and mints and towels. There is a lot to do on the ship. Never a dull moment. I often wished I could just stay up later so I wouldn't miss anything. And the relaxation is the best. i could have just sat on the deck all day.

Pros: I loved the ship. There was so much to do and so much to see and just sitting and watching the water as the ship sailed was so relaxing to me. And the "Twister excursion we took was awesome"

Cons: I was disappointed in the food. All I had heard were great reviews from others who had been on cruises before.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

All I had heard about cruises is the food is awesome. I was not impressed at all with the food. Dining times were fine and in the main restaurant ambiance was good. A little loud but good. At times when we went to the other restaurant, we were seated with people we didn't know. I found that to be a little awkward.
Stateroom was great, No complaints here.
The overall friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding. They were definitely happy with their jobs, went over and beyond the call. Not what I'm used to in a place where everyone has an attitude. There were no attitudes here at all. Very impressed. Must compliment Carnival.. They must treat their employees with the utmost of respect and must be very good to them.
Lots of stuff to do at all times. Very fun and entertaining.
We took the Twister excursion which in itself was Awesome. But our hosts were the best. We were on the boat with (excuse my spelling) Horhay and Willie. We could not have had a better time. They were so entertaining and fun. This excursion especially with them is highly recommended. The boat ride is fantastic. Paradise isle is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Gorgeous. And the market place we pulled into was fantastic. I only wish we had more time in this port. It was great.
Don't Miss: The twister excursion with "horhay and willie"
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
The overall experience was not good. Although, I do not think the people of Progreso were prepared. Given time I do believe this may be an excellent place to visit. It just didn't happen on our trip. The beach was nice, the facilities were not the best. Again, it will get better.