Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good for price

Sail Date: February 12, 2011

We took a 5 day cruise out of New Orleans on the Carnival Triumph. This was my 5th cruise and I was disappointed with the ship itself. It is real need of an update with the interior very dated and unappealing. The food was inconistent. Some meals were excellent and others "not so much". The service was not as good as I have experienced on my other 4 cruises. I think service has went down since they now automatically charge your tips in advance. The high points were the activities. They had a lot going on. Also the cruise director, Tex, was very good and helped make the cruise enjoyable. I got a great deal on this cruise, so overall it was worth what we payed. However, until this ship is updated, I will not take it again.

Pros: Price of Trip, Activities, Cruise Director - Tex

Cons: Food very inconsistent, dated and unappealing interior

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Nothing like the water here
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We went on a tour of Mayan ruins out of this port. It was a great excursion. I am unsure what it would have been like without an excursion.