Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

I will never go on Carnival again!

Sail Date: August 01, 2010

We departed out of New Orleans. I know I read what a bad expierence people had in the past but I didn't want to believe it. It was horrible. We got there around 10:30am and did not get onto the sip until 1:30pm. They blamed the 3 hours on the fact that the staff was training on a new computer system. I was then later told that they have been training on it for months and this has been an on going problem.
The next issue is service. When going to the buffets there is no one to serve you drinks. Of course you can ask someone to get you one, but they then take 15-20min to come back with it. They sell you the pop card but don't tell you that it will take 20min. for someone to come back with one for you.
The ship was in horrible condition. The large screen that you can supposedly watch movies on had a big piece of the screen blacked out in the center. Staircases were in disrepair with caution tape up. Boat layout was terrible. There are really just a couple of my complaints and I never expierenced any thing negative like this on Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean is just sooooooooooo much better than Carnival.

Pros: The food was o.k.

Cons: The ship!

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

The shows for the most party were good.
Most time activites overlapped so that you couldnt do everything and I'm sure this was on purpose but again not something that I am used to normally going on Royal Caribbean.
We had a balcony room. The room was nice. The windows were really dirty.
The layout of the separate dining rooms were terrible. You would have to walk through a dining room to get to the other one on the opposite end of the ship. But they wont let you walk through it so you have to go up two levels and then back down to be seated.
The public area restrooms were disgusting. The first day on board there was pee in the mens rest room. Toilets were stained. The stair cases by the pool were in disrepair. I even saw a women holding a child fall because of the step that was not secure.
No one on board from the staff went above and beyond. It took a long time to get drinks and sometimes the staff was even rude. You of course can ask for the things you want, but on Royal Caribbean they anticipate what you want.
Food and service in the dining room was really average.
Bar Drink service was really slow. They have one server who takes care of an entire area. By the time he takes all the drink orders and can only carry one tray back, sometimes it took almost 1/2 hour to get a drink. This is not something that would happen on Royal Caribbean because your server brings your drinks.