Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Truly a Fun Ship!

Sail Date: August 12, 2010

I recently sailed on the Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. This was my first cruise. I booked this trip with ease for myself and 8 (age range 24-30) of my friends. Overall we had an amazing experience! The ship was very clean, the rooms were great (we were on deck two with windows), and there was a lot to do. The entertainment staff was personable and enthusiastic. The biggest con we had was that we wished our wait staff in the formal dining rooms and several of the bar areas were a bit more attentive to us on some of the nights. There were several times when we asked for something, such as a glass of wine, and it was either never delivered or it took a really long time to reach us. But, overall they were really good. For the price we paid, we were very very happy with it! I would definitely recommend this cruise to travelers on a budget who are looking to have a great time!

Pros: The variety of activites, the availability of deck chairs, the enthusiasm of the entertainment staff

Cons: Some of the wait staff could have been friendlier and some nights the service was very slow.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The food for the most part was really good, though several times it arrived rather lukewarm. But, if we didn't like what we ordered we could order a second starter or entree. I liked the variety of options as well as the changing menu from night to night.
Most of the staff were really friendly and attentive though we experienced several members who were snippy and very slow to bring us food/drink. But they aren't typically being tipped each night so it was someone understandable though many of my group were unhappy with it.
The ship was impressively clean for our entire stay. It was big enough to not feel cramped with 3000+ people but small enough to learn your way around fairly quickly.
I personally didn't have a child on the boat but for having over 500 kids on board, you never saw them so the Camp was definitely doing its job! We were worried while boarding that there would be kids running around everywhere but it never felt like that. And those that were around were very well behaved. There seemed to be a lot of activities for kids to keep them occupied while also giving their parents time to themselves.
We has 3 girls in 3 rooms and they were the perfect size! We were so happy with them. We had enough room for all of our clothes, makeups, etc without feeling cramped at all. They were also big enough for all 9 of us to hang out before going to dinner. However, we had windows in our rooms and could not imagine being in the inner ship rooms. We peaked in and they looked so small!
The opening night show was pretty cheesy but the show on the last night was amazing!
My group split up when we reached Cozumel. Half of us went to the beach party and laid on the beach drinking pina coladas while the other half went exploring on their own. If you're looking to go to the beach, the beach excursion is definitely worth it. It was a gorgeous beach with a very enthusiastic staff. We opted for the $40 package so we ended up getting a taxi on our own and we reached the beach before the bus did. This let us get really great spots in lounge chairs with umbrellas. Definitely get an umbrella! You will burn otherwise!
Don't Miss: The beach!