Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent Cruise

Sail Date: May 08, 2010

Carnival Triumph was so much fun. I enjoyed the food, shows, shops and friendly atmosphere. The rooms were spacious and constantly being tidied by ship staff. Staff was friendly and quick to lend a helping hand, give directions, or provide a friendly greeting. The Lido deck was perfect for sun bathing, swimming or playing on the super fun water slide. We also enjoyed the miniature golf course and ocean views.

Pros: Food and staff on cruise were wonderful

Cons: Lines leaving customs. I took almost 6 hours to get off the ship

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

I am a none smoker. I was a little disappointed because our neighbors were smokers and their smoke was constantly stinking up our room. Also because smoking is pretty much allowed everywhere on the ship except a few places, I often felt I had to avoid certain areas or go to other parts of the ship to avoid second hand smoke.
I server was great. He was so much fun and really got into to singing and dancing. We usually did the buffet style lunch on the Lideo deck; however, on the last day we finally enjoyed lunch in the dining room. It was excellent. The classic chocolate melting cake for dinner was my favorite. There was also always a nice variety of food for dinner and we always looked forward to dinning with our table mates.
The bed was super comfortable and I had no problem falling asleep. I was expecting to feel claustrophobic in our room, but there was plenty of room and storage space.
I loved the towel animals and it seemed like every time you walked out of your room someone would come and tidy up, make the bed and leave fresh towels.
Shows were great!!! There was always a late and early showing so no matter your dinner time you would have an opportunity to see the show. However, we missed one show because the scheduling was funny on one of the excursion days. The early show start time was at six; eventhough, you didn't have to be back to the ship until 5:30. The late showing was at 8:00 which was during the late seating time for dinner. So that really sucked. I enjoyed the magic show and the comedian was pretty funny.
We did not go on an excursion here. However, the port was great and it was a seven dollar cab ride to downtown. Everything here was cheap and there was lots of great deals on jewelry and liquor.
Belize City, Belize
We went on the Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave excursion. It was so much fun and not too difficult at all. The lunch was good too. You got a great tour of Belize City and then the caves were fun. The Backabush tour guides kept everything difficult enough to be enjoyable, but not so hard that people felt over exerted. The cave was impressive and we saw and learned a lot about both Mayan Culture and the geological phenomena of the cave.
Don't Miss: Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
I was pleasantly surprised by the Bay Islands. The beaches were white sand and the water was crystal clear blue. I you choose not to go on an excursion the beach with bars and music is walking distance from the ship. We went on the Private Island Beach Retreat. There was not enough time to enjoy everything. Lunch was delicious. The fried bass was the best I had ever had. Snorkeling at first appeared to be a bust, but ask the snorkel guide and he'll take you out to the perfect spots and sea amazing underwater sights. The beach was also a wild life preserve, so there was a lot of exotic animals to see and the Mayan Museum was simple but informational. I just wish I had more time to relax and take everything in.
Don't Miss: Private Island Beach Retreat