Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Couldn't have been better!!

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

This was my first sailing with Carnival Triumph - and my 12th with Carnival. We sailed this ship because it was close to home - we didn't have to put out the cost of flying. The ports - at first thought - were something to be improved on, however it was absolutely the BEST yet! We arrived in New Orleans, parked and was ON SHIP at 11:15am! We could not go to our stateroom until about 1:30pm however, but we were on ship and this is what counted!!! Our vacation had begun! We were with friends which made it more special! I LOVE the big screen on the lido! Our room was the BEST location! 1064 and one step out and you were on the LIDO deck - by the hot tub - by the big screen - by the food - by the activities. One step out and up to the next level and you were at the spa where I went daily for the gym and steam room! I was training for a marathon and love to exercise. Triumph has a wonderful setup gym! The first night I won a hair massage. OMG.......so awsome!! The food was great and we had the BEST cabin stewards I have ever experienced in my 12 cruises with carnival. Never did I have to ask for ice - towels - refill on soap, etc! We had a balcony room and our friends were next door to us so we opened the partition and made one huge balcony. The ship was beautiful,clean and employees happy! We took the beyond the ship tour if thats the name (I forgot) on the last sea day. Well worth the 95.00 we paid per person. They took us everywhere - and we got a better insite of the whole cruise process! We took pictures with the captain, talked with the captain and that night they delivered chocolate covered strawberries to us free (well it came with the excursion I guess). We also got a backpack, cap and drinks at the final get together. The tour was almost 4 hours long and well worth it! Movies on the big screen were well rounded. Something for everyone! Playoff football for football fans, drauma movies, concerts, cartoons. It was just a fantastic trip! We went to Belize where I did the Raiders of the lost mayan ruins excursion. It was FANTASTIC! Went through caves, zip lined and enjoyed it! In Honduras we went to the Tabayna (spelling??) Beach. OMG - the snorkeling was the BEST I have ever seen and I have snorkeled at EACH cruise!!! In Cozumel we went on the Jeep and Beach combo and it was just totally fun!!!! Went to a cave, swam in the cynote and went on the beach with a full mexician meal. I can't wait to book again!!!!!!!

Pros: How do you pinpoint one thing? I loved the fact that I could leave within driving distance from my home however!!

Cons: Coming home! Customs was so slow!!

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!