Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Nightmare on the seas

Sail Date: August 31, 2008

The ship is quite old and in dire need of repair. Plumbing had to be fixed during my cruise, water all over bathroom, coming out of wall. It was attended to quickly.

Pros: The last 3 days, at last, sunshine

Cons: The storm that happened the first 4 days of the cruise

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.

Grand Turk Island
We didn't stop there due to bad weather, Hurricane Hanna ahead of us and Hurricane Ike behind us. Another $20.00 credit, how nice is that?
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It rained til late morning, then, we were able to go on land for a few hours before the storm hit. After we left Puerto Rico, we were told that we would be sailing straight to Miami. What fun.....
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
The first sign of a bad cruise, didn't get to stop at the island. On the ship for 3 stormy days/nights until St. Thomas.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Didn't get to go on the island until noon, due to rain. Not a lot to see, islanders frustrated and complaining about losses in revenue due to the hurricane weather that always hits at this time of year. Why didn't Carnival tell me this? I called all week before the cruise and was assured all would be fine. From St. Thomas, I called Guest Relations to complain and spoke to Corina. She responded that safety is first, I said, why did we continue after the first, stormy night? She said we would be credited $20.00 per person for not stopping at our port and that it was all they could do. I wasn't happy and felt insulted at the compensation. Read the fine print. Their option is always to continue the cruise so that you can't be refunded part of your trip.