Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A complete package for teens!

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

I sailed on the Triumph on Feb.10,2007. At first I didn't want to go with my family on a cruise because I thought it was going to be another boring family vacation. I'm 16 so all I wanted to do was have fun and hang out with my friends back home in New Jersey. When we arrived in Miami it was chaotic getting all of the luggage and staying on schedule. When we arrived at the port there was also a lot chaos with unloading the luggage but we got help from a very friendly personnel. He took our baggage and we hurried in to the terminal. The terminal was packed but the lines moved quickly. After getting through the passport check point we got our cruising cards and sat down to await boarding. We sat there for about 40 minutes and a lady led a line of people on to the ship. When we first entered the Carnival Triumph we were in awe of how beautiful and large it was on the inside. The atrium looked very elegant. Our first impression was the orchestra playing classical music; it reminded us of the movie, Titanic. We then took the elevator up to the top and sat down for a small lunch which at first consisted of fast foods such as hot dogs, fries, etc. Our room was being cleaned so we did not have permission to enter until 4. At 4 we finally got in to our room and took a small rest from all of the chaos. After the nap everyone split up to find their own activities. I immediately found mine. I headed up to Club 02 which is a club for teenagers. There I met many nice friends from all across the world. I am originally from Poland so the cruise had a very nice international mix. The first night was lonely for me so I just explored the ship. Then I went up to the jogging track and walked around for a couple minutes. The only reason I really went on the cruise was to find a nice girl and it happened. On Valentine's Day I was walking around with my friends from Uruguay and Colombia and we were wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. As we entered the arcade I came across the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. At first I was in shock. I was thanking God for putting me on this cruise. I wasn't brave enough to start talking to her so I kept on walking forward. Throughout the whole night all I thought about was her. The next day I met her again in Club 02 and then all my dreams came true. We spent the entire cruise together with some of her other friends. The last night was the hardest for me. I made so may great friends and a girl friend that leaving was the last thing on my mind. I was praying to God that the cruise would break down and we would be stranded at sea for a longer time just so I can be with her. The last night I ate dinner with my family at the formal dining room. I was getting very emotional so I excused myself from the table and ran to my room crying. I tried to hold it in but I couldn't. After all of the emotional stuff I went to the golf course where me and her always met up everyday. I just couldn't believe that it was over. I spent the whole night with her and some other friends and I returned to my room crying my eyes out. The next morning I woke up and got some breakfast I saw her in the buffet line but I didn't want to go up to her and talk because I would have just broke down crying. The was back to New Jersey was filled with both laughter and more crying. Carnival Triumph was the best cruise of my life. So many good memories with everyone on the ship. I didn't explain a lot about the ship but you all get the idea. The best ship ever. Carnival 2007 for ever baby!!!

Pros: Food,Club H20,many teenagers

Cons: long lines in the buffet,cruise duration (I wish it lasted forever!)

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!