What a difference 5 years makes

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 14, 2006
This was 5th cruise, our second time on Carnival, and in comparison to Princess and Celebrity, they have managed to turn a relaxing time into a medicore experience. The morning and lunch buffets were below average food, reminded me of my cafeteria college days. The lines were so very crowded, too many people for the seating, and a very limited staff to keep the tables cleaned. Our room steward was nothing like we had ever experience. We had wash cloths in the bottom of our shower for 2 days, used glasses and cans left on the table from one day to the next.
Dinner, our favorite part of the cruise, was way below par. We had a very good waiter, however, he had too many peoiple to take of, and many times his assistant was also the same assistant for other waiters. Our water and tea glasses rarely were filled past the first time, the cuts of beef I had was of very good quality, fork tender, hot, however they were tasteless.
The pool activities at night was missing, we were suppose to have a sail away party after Jamaica, but it was nothing more than the same band playing songs, as they did every night. No decorations, activities, nothing. This is the first cruise I have been on where I never saw the cruise director on the Lido deck orchestrating a party. We met a super bar waiter that has been with Carnival for years. We commented about the automatic tip, and how it seemed noone on the ship had a willingness to go beyond just the job minimum. He agreed 100%. The staff knows now, they get tipped whether they work hard for you or not. You will not find any fruit/vegetables animal carvings on this ship either.
Chakkanabb Park is being rebuilt, we were only 6 of 15 people there. Pretty deserted, with construction noise going on. I heard Paradise Beach was great.
Did the Stingray City and snorkel tour. Avoid the huge groups and high prices, book with a private operator there.
Don't Miss: StingRay City with Captain Marvin, Lunch at HammerHeads
My favorite place, 4th time here. Dunns River Falls. They really have cleaned it up, really awesome now. Take your own taxi to the falls early, avoid the crowds. You will be in a small group and the guides will keep you singing and laughing the entire climb. If you book from the ship, you will be in a huge group and you will miss all that. Margaritaville is nice, very clean place with shops.
Don't Miss: Straw Market. See Irvine Plummer Parrot carver Store 10 row way to right 5 down on right
Don't Miss: StingRay City with Captain Marvin, Lunch at HammerHeads

Pros: Balcony Room, being with friends

Cons: Service, Food