Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

"A Cruise Come True"

Sail Date: August 19, 2006

My fiancee and I sailed on the "Triumph" it was our first cruise & all I want to say it "Oh my God". It was beautiful. Everything was kept up very well. I found all areas of the ship to be quite clean and the staff made sure to keep it up around the clock. There were so many activities to participate in, we wished Ithat we had clones so that we wouldn't have to miss anything. The nightly shows were very nice, but I wished that the fun ship dancers would have switched up the variety of their program. The best entertainment to us were the Magic show, and the comedians. The final show of the fun ship which contained cruise ship members, I thought was really great and hilarious. That was a nice way to end it all. We had a bit of a bump in the road (twice) while on the ship. My fiancee and I participated in a little contest during the captain's cocktail and won a free bottle of champagne for it but the cruise director gave our bottle of champagne to the losing couple. That did not make us very happy. We found it a bit insulting. We asked the information desk clerk to send an e-mail to the director about it and he later on apologized and gave us a bottle, but he made it seem as if my fiancee and I really didn't win the bottle of champagne. Like we just wanted to get the bottle of champagne despite not being a winner. We told him to look through the video footage from that evening and he would clearly see that he named us the winner that evening. We did not like that at all, but we did not let it affect our cruise or anything else for that matter. Overall, for our first cruise experience wth Carnival we were absolutly blown away and we're going to plan a group cruise (to include our friends and family members) as soon as possible. Richard D & Fabienne G would like to thank Carnival Triumph for making our first cruise experience more than we could have expected.

Pros: Our cabin steward (Albert), non-stop activities, Time management, Nightly shows

Cons: some information desk employees did not provide correct information to me and caused me some inconvenience.

George Town, Grand Cayman
We loved the Caymen Islands. We took a bus tour through a nice portion of the island. They took us to a place on the island which they call "Hell" which was really nice. Overall we loved the Cayman Islands as well but we wished that we could have had the same amount of time on the Cayman Islands as we did in Cozumel, Mexico.
Don't Miss: Swimming with the sting rays.
Playa Mia is a must see. You have to go snorkeling. If you can take a ride on the "Fiesta Party Boat" then go for it. That was great. We has so much fun there. We wished it could have been a bit longer, but it allowed us to come back and enjoy the rest of the island before getting back on the ship.
Don't Miss: The overall sight seeing on the island.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
My fiancee and I loved Ocho Rios, Jamaica the best. This is where we feel Carnivak should have given the guests the most time. With so many things to explore like Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, and the overall sight seeing we needed more time. We did greatly enjoy the time that we did have and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: Swimming with the sting rays.
Don't Miss: The overall sight seeing on the island.