Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

My husband and two children (ages 7 & 9)went on the cruise. Embarkation went quickly -- it took us about half an hour from start to finish. My children loved the water slide. We chose Carnival because we were taking our children with us this time. They enjoyed Camp Carnival and I was very impressed with the program. The kids went to see a couple of shows with the camp instead of eating with us at the late seating for dinner. The quality of food was good but nothing special. I couldn't believe that there were not any trays to carry food on at the buffet service. The pizza and calzones were good. My husband and I did not go see any of the shows in the Rome lounge. We enjoyed the entertainment in the smaller lounges better. There was a couple singing classic rock tunes and the other band played a variety of music to dance to. The weather in Canada was cooler but the people were friendly and the towns clean. Overall, we had a great time and the kids had a lot of fun and could not get over how big the ship was. We felt like it was time for the Triumph to get a makeover. Previously, we had gone on the Celebrity Horizon to Bermuda and everything was more upscale. Carnival was a good choice for the kids because we felt Celebrity would be too stuffy for them.