Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

CRUISE DATES: 5/18/02 - 5/25/02 First off, embarkation was a breeze! I travelled with my birth mother and her husband who have been on cruises before and they were amazed. It took less than an hour from start to finish. We were standing on my parents' balcony enjoying the Florida weather before some people were thinking of boarding.The food was outstanding. Our waiter, Joseph, was very nice, albeit, a bit subdued. I was extremely impressed with our cabin steward, Sean. He was efficient and my cabin always looked impeccable. His towel animals were a highlight for me. Plus, he always said hello when we saw him in the hall. I just got such a kick out of them. Our cruise director, Corey the Birdman, was funny during the talks we saw him in, but we never really saw him outside of them. However, I heard him continuously over the PA system. The social hosts were extremely nice and always had a smile on.The only bad part of the cruise, not Carnival's fault, was the weather. In Cozumel, we had a downpour for about 2 hours, Grand Cayman was cloudy but nice, and Ocho Rios was a downpour, the likes I have never seen. We had plastic ponchos but the rain was coming down so hard it was bouncing back up and soaking us anyway. Plus, being that it was warm, it felt like a sauna in the plastic. However, rain never stops Oregonians from anything and we had a blast Anyway...shopping and taking a impromptu bus tour of Ocho Rios, was wonderful. This was by far the best vacation I have ever had and I am now a cruiser for life and am already planning my next one as soon as the funds will allow it. WTG CARNIVAL!