Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

This is my 2nd carnival cruise and if it weren'tfor all the great people I met, it would havebeen the last. I was on the May 7th 2000 cruiseto the Western Carribean. Love the Western ports!My main complaint was the crew. None of themwere friendly except for the bartender at thecasino bar. The upper pool wasn't open during our day at sea and that was a big upset. Definately crowded, but we expected that due due to the dates travelled.There were three of us, all girls,and they sat us at an all girls table for dinner...hello? The table next to us had mostlymen! The food...OK but nothing like the Destiny's. You felt like you were being a pain if you ordered more than one appetizer or desert. We liked sharing/tryingthe food.We all felt like we were thelast ones on the kitchen's list to be served...andusually were. Our waiter was OK. Nothing like Ivanfrom the Destiny. What cracked me up was thatthe head waiter only acknowledged us the last night when tips were given out. Needless to say...he didn't get one from us. I met a couple from Sydneythat were doing back to back Triumph cruises to the East and West and they wished that they never bookedthe second week. It was unfortunate that they travelled so farfor such a disappointment. It just seemed like the whole Destiny experience was much more upbeat.Considering the money you dish out for a cruiseI was hoping to be catered to a little more...forthats what "cruises" are all about...being pampered.If you want that kind of service...go on the Destiny.Positives...we had an outside cabin right on the Lido deck with a balcony, it was awesome! I'm going to try Royal Caribbean's new ship (the Voyagerof the Seas) in the spring 2001. Lets see how they compare.