Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

truly a fun ship

Sail Date: February 03, 2007

We cruised on the Carnival Triumph and did the western carribean. The ship was beautiful. Everything was so clean. The food was very good. I do prefer the open seating times that Princess offers. It is more convienient to eat when you are ready than have to go at a specific time. But the activities on the ship were a lot of fun. It has been my experience that carnival does more adult themed shows than some of the other cruise lines.. This ship is great for young adult cruisers and honeymooners. It is truly a party ship. Just be prepared to spend a lot in alcohol if you are a heavy drinker. Drinks average 6 dollars a piece and they keep bringing them. It is easy to spend a few hundred just in alcohol. The staff was truly special. I have never been treated so kindly for a week. And you are treated like a king or queen no matter where you stay on the ship. That experience alone sets cruising apart from just staying at a resort somewhere. I can't wait til my next cruise!

Pros: food and staff

Cons: assigned seating times

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The stateroom was small but I know it is like that on all ships. I did like the inside cabin. The room stays nice and dark so you sleep good if you stay up late.
The only thing I was dissapointed about was there were no las vegas type shows. A lot of comedians and magicians. But it would have been nice to see a show
Food was good. Some of the menus in the fine dining room were basic. I guess I am spoiled living in New England. The seafood selections were just OK. The lobster tail was very tough. And often the steaks we ordered were not cooked as asked. I guess it is tough serving so many people so quickly. But the servers were excellent and the shows nightly in the dining room were fun. Everyone gets involved.
A very clean ship and is very beatufil. But is tricky to find your way around the way it is layed out. It will take a couple of days to find your way around.
everyone was awesome
Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Don't Miss: Dunns Falls is a lot of fun. bring an old pair of sneakers for the falls!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Stingray city tour was great. It was cool swimming with the stingrays and I would do it again
George Town, Grand Cayman